Do your corporate workshops, have participants engaged, motivated and able to put what they've l



Transcript:

Hi, Russell Stratton from Bluegem Learning, working with organizations just like yours to transform average bosses into exceptional leaders. So one of the things that clients often ask me is about how do we make our leadership workshops as impactful as possible, and how do we get the best return on investment that we can?

What I talk to them about is saying, well, it's great to have a workshop that people enjoy. It's great to have a workshop where they're going to learn something new, or enhance some existing skills, but the real key to this is how do we make sure that people can transfer what they've learned in the classroom into what they can do in the workplace.

Now we all obviously been on workshops where we've been really enjoying it, we've been really excited, and we walk out of the door and by the time we get into the workplace the next day, it's as if somebody has magically taken 75% of what we learned out of our heads, and the other 25% disappears the minute we look at our in-box.

So what we do at Bluegem to ensure that that doesn't happen is that we make our workshops as experiential as possible. What I mean by that is we focus really on four key things. We make sure that we provide our participants with up-to-date top quality knowledge that will help them do their job better. Secondly, we give them a chance to hone their skills, to learn something new or to enhance their existing skills in the particular topic area.

The third thing we do is make sure that people are excited about their learning, and they really want to take it back to the workplace and try something new. Finally, the key to it all is about making sure that we focus on behavior, not just behavior in the workshop but the change of behavior that they will have when they go back to work.

So, what our workshops really key in on is making sure they're in a safe environment, we allow people to practice the new skills that they have and the new knowledge that they've learned there and then. Because I always say you don't know it until you show it. We need to allow people the chance to actually do it in as close to reality as possible, so that when they go back to their workplace, all they're really doing is just learned muscle memory and it's coming straight into action.

So that's really what we focus on. Making sure we have great knowledge, making sure we get people a chance to practice their skills, get them excited about what they're doing, but then provide that as close to reality experience for them so they can demonstrate their behaviors in the workshop, and then this carries them on when they go back into the workplace.

Now, if what I've said here sounds like it's something that you'd be interested in doing with your managers in your organization, why not pick up the phone and give me a call, or comment in the box below. I'd love to hear from you.

#corporateworkshops #trainingcourses #Leadership #learningdevelopment #management

8 views0 comments